In the Internet Age, we do not have time to read pages and pages of information. Basically, we do not read on the Internet, we scan. So it is important for your content to be easy to scan; else the readers will immediately proceed to the next website. You have a mere 30 seconds to hook the reader and convey your message. Here are some tips to help you do that:
- Structure of website content :
- Less is More – Keep sentences and paragraphs short. There should not be more than 2-3 lines in one paragraph.
- Use bulleted lists.
- Use headings and sub-headings.
- Keep content short. Do not make reader scroll down.
- Use simple vocabulary; no corporate gibberish.
- Use useful relevant information.
- Ensure smooth flow and transition of ideas.
Here is an example of website content for your reference: http://www.mangovillage.in/
Do you have any more tips to contribute? Go ahead..leave them in the comments below …