Fire Extinguisher Maintenance Checklist
When you hire a professional to conduct a formal fire extinguisher inspection, the inspector will:
- Verify that a portable fire extinguisher is placed within 75 feet of travel on every floor of the building.
- Verify that a portable fire extinguisher is situated within 30 feet of cooking equipment in a commercial kitchen or restaurant.
- Ensure that each fire extinguisher is conspicuously located, not obstructed by objects and readily available for use in case of a fire.
- Make sure the label indicating the type of fire extinguisher is legible.
- Check the pressure dial for readability. Make sure the dial is pointing to the green to indicate a full charge.
- Make sure the fire extinguisher hose is intact.
- Make sure the pull pin is fastened securely within the handle and the tamper seal is unbroken.
- Check for dents, cracks or other signs on damage on the body of the extinguisher.
- Look for any modifications to the fire extinguisher that could possibly reduce its functionality.
Please contact for free quote of Fire Protection & Safety Consulting,Audit & for installation on firstname.lastname@example.org