Where to find developers suitable for a startup/product environment?

I have recently moved to Pune after living in the US for 14 years and working on my 2nd tech startup, this time for the medical services industry.

Pune seems to have a good concentration of developers but most of them operate in services industry catering to western clients and hence are very used to the standard SDLC/PRD, etc. The mindset required for a startup especially for product development is very different where frequent changes in direction, rapid code changes, etc. are required.

Seeking inputs from fellow entrepreneurs in Pune on where they find suitable developers and how do they go about recruiting them?

My initial thoughts are to hire bright, high IQ, high energy, right aptitude and attitude type of individuals who don't fear change and can very quickly learn. Am I asking for too much? Should I lower my expectations and make peace with the fact that this is not Silicon Valley?

Views: 3124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm new to this forum and I see that this thread started in 2012.

It would be very interesting to learn how you made out?

Can you provide an update on your experience since 2012? Any lessons learned?

I'm new to this forum and I see that this thread started in 2012.

It would be very interesting to learn how you made out?

Can you provide an update on your experience since 2012? Any lessons learned?

Hi Mitesh,

I will be interested to work with you ....

I have 6 months of experience in dot net technology , attaching Resume.

- Vijaykumar Kolekar

Attachments:
as fresher am ready to work any rapid development environment if you have any opportunity for me please let me know 7387585699,amit.dhanke8@gmail.com

Hi Mitesh,

I would love to get a chance to interview with your team.

Regards,

Tejas Gadgil

Contact no:- 7385640712

Email ID:- tejas1392@gmail.com

Hi Mitesh ,

Are you looking for any co-founders to start with ?  Im a Java J2EE developer with 5+ years of experience in Reputed MNCs . Im a BE + MS from a top US university and very keen for some entrepreneurial opportunities preferably In Java or any other web/mobile technology. Can share further details...you can contact me on chitra_bhave@yahoo.co.in

Hello,

We established Indo Global Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture (www.igccia.org) in April 2014.

We want a person who can work with us on sharing basis. We have lot of projects in our mind. But couldn't get a proper person to proceed. We are open for the position of Director at IGCCIA (on sharing basis). We have our office at 
12-B, “Premdeep”, 3rd Floor
Sind Hindu Society, Opp. 
Manikchand Malabar Hill, Above Latur Bank
Near Gera Square, Lulla Nagar, 
Pune – 411040. Ms, India.

If interested, kindly call me on +91 9822621579 or mail me at dranwarshaikh@gmail.com.

Regards,
Dr. Anwar Shaikh
www.dranwarshaikh.com
www.igccia.org
www.cvu.education
+91 9822621579

Hello,

We established Indo Global Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture (www.igccia.org) in April 2014.

We want a person who can work with us on sharing basis. We have lot of projects in our mind. But couldn't get a proper person to proceed. We are open for the position of Director at IGCCIA (on sharing basis). We have our office at
12-B, “Premdeep”, 3rd Floor
Sind Hindu Society, Opp.
Manikchand Malabar Hill, Above Latur Bank
Near Gera Square, Lulla Nagar,
Pune – 411040. Ms, India.

If interested, kindly call me on +91 9822621579 or mail me at dranwarshaikh@gmail.com.

Regards,
Dr. Anwar Shaikh
www.dranwarshaikh.com
www.igccia.org
www.cvu.education
+91 9822621579

hi Mitesh,

Myself, Manish Deshmukh, served IT industry for more than 10 yrs (mostly in Pune, been to US for a short period) and 2 yrs back i left the job & established my own Professional IT Trainings & consulting, in touch with experts from different backgrounds like C#, .Net, Java, sharepoint, bigdata-hadoop etc. I can provide testing experts in different areas like Manual, Selenium, QTP, LoadRunner etc. In case you need any resources, don't hesitate to reach me at any time. Little difficult to find experienced developers, but will try my best to find/provide good resources.

Keep in touch.

Mobile# 8805004400

Email: info@manishinfotech.in

Regards,

Manish

Hi Mitesh,

This is Hemant here. I have 7 years of experience in developing Android/iOS applications. Have developed more than 40 apps across all domain like Music, VAS, E-Commerce, Gamification etc.

I would like to work with you. Kindly call me on 9975706146.

Hey

Have you ever think about the remote team or are you looking for the local team only? There are a lot of benefits of remote collaboration like cost-effective price, wide talent pool, rare technologies. You can read more about ways to hire remote team here

Hi Mitesh,

Can you please provide your mail address?

RSS

© 2018   Created by Santosh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service